Director, Principal Geostatistician
Aaron has 23 years’ experience as a geologist and has been working as a specialist in geostatistical techniques since 2001. He has worked in both underground and open pit mines and has experience in coal, narrow vein lode, copper-gold porphyry, epithermal, base metals, iron ore and pegmatite mineralised systems. Aaron also has specific experience in project feasibility and development and a strong background in structural geology.
Aaron specialises in applying sound geostatistical techniques within the metaliferous and coal mining sectors. Aaron has extensive experience in identifying the link between observed geological characteristics and geostatistical techniques to improve the optimisation of prefeasibility and feasibility projects, grade control systems, reconciliation and operating projects.
Aaron’s geostatistical knowledge was enhanced through completing a Master of Science in Mining and Environmental Geostatistics at the University of Leeds (graduating with Distinction) in August 2004. His MSc dissertation involved the investigation of geostatistical methodologies for the simulation of geotechnical fracture networks.
- Technical projects have included univariate and multivariate linear and nonlinear resource estimates, conditional and non-conditional simulations, drill hole spacing analysis, support analysis, exploratory data analysis (EDA), variographic analysis, kriging neighbourhood analysis (KNA), QAQC reviews, peer reviews and due-diligence studies.
- Co-pilot training and mentoring of client’s technical staff in mine geology, resource estimation
- Development of grade control, QAQC and reconciliation procedures and systems.
- Experienced in narrow vein lode, porphyry, strata hosted, strata bound, supergene and epithermal deposits in a wide range of commodities ranging from gold, silver, base metals, iron ore, pegmatite mineralisation, and coal deposits.
- Reporting of mineral resources in accordance to the JORC guidelines
Qualifications and Affiliations
- MSc (Environmental and Mining Geostatistics)
- BAppSc (Hons) (Applied Geology)
- AssocDip (Lab Techniques)
- Member of AusIMM