Principal Mining Engineer
Corey Freeman is a Principal Mining Engineer with 25 years’ experience in operational, mine planning and technical roles across owner-operator, contractor and consultancy companies in Australia and internationally. With a focus predominantly on underground mining, Corey has had experience with a variety of mining methodologies across varying mineral deposits. He combines this experience with a well-developed understanding of the commercial, functional and safety management aspects of mining operations to deliver a well-rounded view of any mining scenario.
- Project study management
- Operational planning and improvement initiatives
- Conceptual to feasibility studies
- Ore reserves reporting
- Strategic planning
- Life of Mine and medium-term planning, including optimisation and design
- Specialist software skills – Datamine Studio UG, EPS, Surpac, VentSim
- Ability to communicate with others and pass on knowledge.
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mining) (Hons)
- Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance and Investment
- Member of the AusIMM
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate (WA)
- Underground Supervisors Certificate (WA)