Director, Principal Consultant
Matt has worked in the gold and iron ore mining industry in Australia for more than 30 years. His career as a geologist has encompassed grade control and mining (in open pit and underground environments), ‘brownfield’ exploration for shear-hosted gold deposits, and mineral resource estimation across a range of commodities.
Matt has management experience in overseeing the geological functions for iron ore, gold and manganese mines, and extensive due diligence work on project development (feasibility study inputs for geology, groundwater and environmental impact analysis, geological reviews and project cost analysis, tenement reviews and threat analysis).
Within Cube, Matt has undertaken resource estimation for gold (in several geological settings), zinc-copper-gold VMS, polymetallic tungsten skarns, BIF-hosted iron ore (DSO), and lithium in pegmatites. He has conducted grade control and reconciliation reviews for gold projects in such diverse places as Eritrea, Guyana, USA, Ghana and Western Australia. As a key driver of Cube’s GCX grade control software solution, including research and development, Matt has installed GCX and trained site teams for gold mines (in Western Australia, Northern Territory, Ghana, Côte d’Ivoire, Eritrea and the DRC), iron ore mines (DSO and magnetite in Western Australia), and base metal mines (Queensland and Eritrea).
- Resource estimation, including narrow vein modelling
- Grade control systems and reconciliation
- Strategic and detailed due diligence reviews
- Project Management
- Team Management and Mentoring
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science with Honours (Geology) – Sydney University 1988
- Master of Science (Environmental Science) – Murdoch University 2006
- Currently studying a Post-Graduate Certificate in Geostatistics from ECU
- Member of the AusIMM
- Member of the AIG