Senior Consultant Geologist
Paul is an experienced mining geologist with approximately 18 years industry experience in both open pit and underground operations.
In his early career Paul worked in several nickel, copper and gold mines throughout WA, including several years as Mine Geologist at the Savannah (Ni-Cu-Co) Deposit in the East Kimberley.
From 2016, Paul worked at IGO’s (Ni-Cu-Co) Nova Operation, seeing the transitions from start-up, steady state production and optimisation, gaining expertise in advanced resource estimation techniques, grade control systems, reconciliation studies and mentoring. He is a proficient user of Datamine, Surpac and Leapfrog software.
- Geological modelling and resource estimation
- Drill program planning
- Mine to mill reconciliation studies
- Resource auditing and due diligence
- Magmatic Ni-Cu-Co deposits
Qualifications and Affiliations
- BSc (Mineral Exploration and Mining Geology), Western Australian School of Mines, Kalgoorlie
- MSc Mineral Economics, Curtin University, Perth
- Graduate Certificate (Geostatistics), Edith Cowan University, Perth
- Member Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (MAusIMM)