Director Mining Engineering
Quinton de Klerk is Cube’s Principal Mining Engineer with over 30 years’ experience in underground and open pit mining. His enthusiasm, dedication and ability to transfer knowledge to clients is reflected when working on any project. Specialising in open pit mining, Quinton’s capabilities include advising on operational improvements, conceptual to feasibility studies, open pit optimisation analysis, strategic scheduling, due diligence evaluations and ore reserves reporting.
Quinton’s capabilities are underpinned by his experience base where he has occupied roles in mine production, site and corporate based mining engineering, as well as mining consulting roles in Africa and Australia. He is a master software user and has particular expertise in representing the practical mining aspects throughout the planning process, together with an appreciation of the impact of all disciplines in the formulation of mine plans.
- Project study management
- Operational improvement initiatives
- Conceptual to feasibility studies
- Practical mining considerations in resource modelling
- Ore reserves reporting
- Strategic planning
Qualifications and Affiliations
- National Higher Diploma Metalliferous Mining – Technikon Witwatersrand
- Mine Manager’s Certificate (South African)
- Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy – FAusIMM
- Graduate of the Australian Institute of Company Directors – GAICD